We designed the HTP America® Invertig 400 AC/DC for heavy use in industrial settings; applications of use include precision fabrication, motor sports and racing fabrication, pipe fabrication, aluminum fabrication, aerospace work and repair, along with work and repair in ship and rail yards. The Invertig 400 runs the following processes: TIG (GTAW), Pulsed TIG (GTAW-P), Stick (SMAW), and Pulsed Stick (SMAW-P). When connected to single-phase, 208V to 240V power, the Invertig 400 features the highest output of any welder on a 50 amp circuit—a full 350 amps of raw welding power! Additionally, the versatile Invertig 400 runs on 3-phase power from 208V to 575V, providing the full welding amperage of 4 to 400 amps. The Invertig 400 showcases a rated output of 350 amps when run on single-phase and a rated output of 400 amps, with a remarkable 100% duty cycle at 300 amps, when run on 3-phase. Planning to run this machine on single phase? Please let us know if you have less than 218 volts.
- Automatically adjusts for input voltage: 208-240V on single-phase and 208-575V on 3-phase
- Meters can be calibrated for certification
- Smart water-cooler that only turns on when needed and stops the arc when it detects a low coolant level
- The cooling fans blow directly into heat sinks and the circuit boards are protected from grinding dust and moisture by a special lacquer coating which makes the machine IP23
- Cooling fans work on-demand; the fans only power up when cooling is required, reducing noise and eliminating unwanted grinding dust from being pulled into the machine while the machine is idling
- This machine has High Frequency start with the option to change to Lift-Arc Start when you work around sensitive electronics where high frequency is unwanted
- 30 memory programs allow you to save specific welding parameters for 30 different welding jobs
- NEW -Air Carbon Arc gouging mode. See below.
- Arc-Force (DIG): Helps reduce "sticking" of the electrode
- Hot-Start: For easy arc strikes
- DC and AC Stick Welding: AC frequency and balance can be adjusted in Stick mode as well
- Pulse Stick Welding: Makes bridging gaps easier, welds out of position better, and reduces heat input
- NEW -Air Carbon Arc gouging mode. Air carbon arc gouging is a thermal cutting process of removing or severing metal by heat from a carbon arc. The process uses a carbon/graphite electrode, power source, and compressed air. The intense heat arc produced between the tip of the electrode and the metal workpiece melts and cuts the metal.
- 350 amp output on 50 amp Single-Phase Circuit
- Asymmetric AC allows you to limit Electrode Positive or Electrode Negative amperages separately, which gives you more control over heat input on critical welds
- AC Balance: Adjustable from 10 to 90%; allows precise control of oxide removal vs. penetration
- AC Frequency: 20Hz to 400Hz (under 100 amps) and 20Hz to 200Hz (over 100 amps); Helps reduce or enhance heat input and focus the arc
- Three AC Waveforms: Soft Square, Square, and Triangular
*Upgrade options available, via drop down boxes above, for additional charges.
Please note: Other upgrade options may be available. Please contact Customer Service at (847) 357-0700 to discuss your upgrade options.
Warranty Information: The Invertig 400 welder (machine only) includes a 3 year warranty, the Smart water cooler has an 18 month warranty, and the TIG welding torches are warrantied for a period of 90 days against defects in material and workmanship.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING TRUCK FREIGHT SHIPMENTS
The Invertig 400 SHIPS to any business/commercial address with access to a forklift in the Contiguous United States (i.e., the lower 48) for free during our sale (normally $195). If you choose to ship the machine to your residence, accessorial fees will apply (a residential delivery fee, a lift-gate service fee, and possibly a limited access fee). Accessorial fees vary by ship to location and by freight carrier. You may place your order online, but you will be contacted by Customer Service to arrange and pay for any applicable accessorial fees. To avoid additional accessorial fees, we can also ship the machine to your nearest freight terminal, where the carrier will hold your machine for you to pick-up.
Also, if your ship to address is in Alaska, Guam, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, or any other U.S. Territory outside of the Contiguous United States, additional shipping charges will apply and accessorial fees may apply. You may still place your order online, but you will be contacted by Customer Service to arrange and pay for partial shipping along with any applicable accessorial fees.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING TRUCK FREIGHT SHIPMENTS AND LOST OR DAMAGED GOODS
KEEP ALL SHIPPING CARTONS AND PACKAGING MATERIALS!
Your truck freight shipment leaves our facility and is accepted by the freight carrier in good condition. The material becomes your property when signed for by the freight carrier. Our responsibility for the shipment ceases when signed for and removed from our facility by the freight carrier.
Inspect your shipment thoroughly as soon as received. If possible, unpack the shipment in the presence of the driver. If this is a "HOLD ON DOCK FOR PICK-UP" shipment, inspect the shipment prior to leaving the freight terminal. If you do not inspect the shipment for loss or damage prior to signing for and leaving the freight terminal with the shipment, then the freight carrier will claim that you damaged the shipment bringing it home. If you notice loss or damage, then you must note this on the freight bill.
We are willing to assist you in every possible manner in the collections of claims for loss or damage, but this willingness does not make us responsible for such collection of claims or replacement of materials.
|Input Voltage||Single-Phase: 230V (208 to 240V)
3-Phase: 200 to 575V
|Welding Current Single-Phase||4 to 350A|
|Welding Current 3-Phase||4 to 400A|
|Single-Phase Rated Output||35% @ 350A|
|230V Single-Phase Input Amps @ Rated Load||50A|
|3-Phase Rated Output||30% @ 400A|
|3-Phase Input Amps @ Rated Load||230V = 36A
400V = 21A
460V = 17.6A
500V = 16.8A
|AC Frequency (Hz)||20 to 400 (Up to 100A)
20 to 200 (Over 100A)
|AC Balance (%)||10 to 90|
|Pre-Flow (Seconds)||0.1 to 5.0|
|Post-Flow (Seconds)||0.1 to 99.9|
|Initial Amps (%)||10 to 90|
|Final Amps (%)||10 to 90|
|Slope Up (Seconds)||0.1 to 10.0|
|Slope Down (Seconds)||0.1 to 10.0|
|Spot Time (Seconds)||0.1 to 10.0|
|Hot Start (%)||0 to 50|
|Arc Force (%)||0 to 500|
|Wave Forms||Soft Square
|EN Amperage (%)||10 to 99|
|EP Amperage (%)||10 to 99|
|Duty-Cycle (Single-Phase TIG)||35% @ 350A
60% @ 250A
100% @ 200A
|Duty-Cycle (3-Phase TIG)||30% @ 400A
60% @ 340A
100% @ 300A
|Duty-Cycle (Single-Phase Stick)||35% @ 260A
60% @ 200A
100% @ 180A
|Duty-Cycle (3-Phase Stick)||35% @ 300A
60% @ 240A
100% @ 200A
|Dimensions (Length x Width x Height)||26-1/2" x 12-1/4" x 17-1/2"|
Pulses/Second (PPS) Stick AC & DC
Pulses/Second (PPS) TIG AC
Pulses/Second (PPS) TIG DC
Peak Time (%)
Background Amps (%)
0.4 to 5.0
0.4 to 10.0
0.4 to 999.9
10 to 90
10 to 90
CA Prop 65 - For Residents of California
Warning: Welding and cutting equipment, accessories, and fumes can expose you to chemicals, including Chromium (Hexavalent Compounds), Lead, and Nickel, which are known to the State of California to cause cancer and/or birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information, please visit www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
Rates from 0% APR or 10-36% APR. Payment options through Shop Pay Installments are subject to an eligibility check and are provided by these lending partners: affirm.com/lenders. Options depend on your purchase amount, and a down payment may be required. State notices to consumers affirm.com/licenses.